Going solar services
Switching to solar power can seem complex – especially when most of the information available online is provided by companies who have a vested interest in selling you their services. Solar United Neighbors is your personalized support system for finding the right system for you. We provide expert, vendor-neutral information that is fully vetted and tailored to each member. We now offer you two ways to get our help going solar:
Our Solar Help Desk gives you advice every step of the way
Become a member and get one-on-one help where and when you need it – a live person is available to answer your questions.
- How much does going solar cost? There are many variables that go into projecting potential costs and savings. We help you understand the jargon and get the best estimate of how much your system will cost, how much money you will save over time, and what tax credits and local incentives are available to you.
- Is my home good for solar? We look at your home remotely and give you an immediate sense if you have a good roof or space for solar. We also help you understand the rules that govern how big of a system you can install.
- How can I pay for solar? Don’t be fooled into signing a contract with hidden fees. We work with you to examine the different options for paying for and financing solar to help you find the best system for you.
- How do I choose an installer? Finding the right installer is critical to success. We give you the top things to consider when choosing an installer.
- How do I read my installer proposals? We’ll help you review and evaluate up to three bids that you get from local solar installers. We do not give or sell your contact information to anyone.
- What if I face resistance from my HOA? Is your local homeowner’s association trying to block you from going solar? We will help you find model legislation and connect you to others who have convinced their HOA’s to promote solar.
- And more!
Our groups/co-ops leverage the power of bulk negotiation
Our free-to-join solar co-ops help 50-100 neighbors go solar as a group. We provide expert support throughout the process and help you save money on the right system for your home and quality installation.
Learn about co-ops in your state