Para obtener información en español, haga clic aquí.
Imagine walking into a solar company’s office with 50 or 100 of your neighbors and saying, “We all want to get solar. What kind of deal can you give us?”
That’s a solar co-op!
In fact, it’s even better than that. In addition to competitive pricing on solar panels, you get:
- Info to help you understand solar. Our vendor-neutral solar experts are here to help you understand how solar works and make the best decision for your energy needs.
- A direct line to ask specific questions. You can call or email us anytime you need help. We’ll be here now and long after you install solar.
- A team that solicits and reviews proposals from solar companies. First, Solar United Neighbors requests bids on your behalf. Then, a committee of your fellow co-op members meet to assess the pros and cons and select the best installer for the group. (Note: If that sounds interesting to you, you’re also welcome to join the selection committee!)
- Community. You’ll join the growing solar movement. You’ll have a built-in network of support and inspiration from others who, like you, are taking a stand for energy freedom and advancing the clean energy economy.
- A bigger impact! Going solar creates jobs, and puts energy production and its benefits back in the hands of the people and contributes to cleaner air and water for everyone. A solar co-op amplifies those outcomes exponentially.
Watch the video below to learn more about our solar co-op process and its benefits, or view our FAQs.
How does a co-op work?
Can’t make our info session?
Watch a recorded session for general information on solar, how co-ops work, and what to expect if you join.
How much does solar cost? How much can you save?
Example pricing only. Actual system size and price will vary based on installer’s pricing, available roof space, and your budget. *Savings assumptions: 2% electricity price increase per year, customer on residential service rate with net production credited based on Rate Schedule No. 48, 0.5% panel degradation per year, 1,780 yearly kWh production per 1kW of solar, 180 degrees of azimuth (roof facing due south), 20 degrees of tilt, 12,374Wh/yr energy consumption for 7kW system customer.
Example pricing only. Actual cost depends on system size, interest rate, credit score, & other factors. Prices do not include incentives besides 30% tax credit. ** Reflects year one average savings. Savings will grow each year as avoided utility electricity costs increase.