Community Power Network (including DC SUN, MD SUN, WV SUN, VA SUN, OH SUN, and FL SUN) is seeking a full-time Development Officer who specializes in nonprofits to help us grow our organization. Officer will be responsible for foundation fundraising and direct fundraising efforts. Duties will include writing proposals; tracking our grants; preparing budgets and reports for grant applications; identifying and seeking new sources of funding; managing email and online campaigns for direct fundraising efforts; helping us develop business plans for expanding our programs; and working with our bookkeeper to provide accurate and timely reports to the Executive Director.
- Writing proposals and reports
- Tracking existing grants and reporting requirements
- Developing and tracking program budgets in conjunction with program staff
- Preparing budget summaries and reports for grant reporting and staff updates
- Identifying and pursuing additional funding opportunities from foundations and other sources of support
- Developing and implementing direct fundraising campaigns
- Helping with online research on various foundation topics
- Maintaining office systems and work processes related to grant tracking and applications
- Joining Executive Committee in guiding strategy and direction of organization
At least three years experience working with nonprofits and grant fundraising required. Passion about sustainability, creativity, and a drive to transform the world is a must. Officer will be comfortable using Excel, have excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to learn Salesforce tracking system. Experience with membership and marketing a plus. Position is full-time and includes benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Emily Stiever at: firstname.lastname@example.org.