Colorado Program Associate
Do you have a passion for alternative energy? Are you looking for a career with a growing organization where you can make a difference and have fun doing it? If so, keep reading!
Solar United Neighbors (SUN) is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to creating a clean, equitable, resilient energy system that benefits everyone. We help people go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights. Our organization is growing, and we are looking for a Colorado Program Associate to join our team!
Since 2019, our Colorado Program has been a leader in developing policy initiatives and collaborating with diverse partner organizations to deploy advocacy campaigns, events, robust local programming, and educational activities throughout the state. Our solar co-op programs have led to more than 300 Colorado households contracting for a solar installation through SUN’s group process.
About the Position
Our Colorado Program Associate will work closely with the Colorado Program Director to:
- Plan and implement solar co-ops, including cultivating partner relationships, engaging with the media, conducting public information sessions, communicating with and supporting solar co-op members, facilitating the installer selection process, and managing installer relationships with co-op members and SUN.
- Provide technical assistance to individuals and entities interested in going solar.
- Conduct policy, regulatory, and market research to support the state’s program’s goals.
- Engage with legislators, local governments, and partner organizations to advance the state program’s policy and programmatic goals.
- Create resources and author timely content to provide in-depth information on relevant solar topics and help our Colorado members become more effective and informed advocates for solar.
- Represent the Colorado Program in coalitions and at in-person and digital events.
- Grow and facilitate ongoing public education and volunteer engagement through regular communications, public-facing events, and leadership development that support the state program’s policy and programmatic goals.
- Resident of Colorado.
- Ability to work remotely in an action-oriented environment, with frequent in-state travel and overnight stays in the Front Range and Western Slope regions.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with advocacy campaigns, online engagement, and/or communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Public speaking skills to articulate ideas and engage with diverse groups of people.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills to support member experience.
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively and effectively with the public, staff and volunteers. Strong ability to network, build trust, and build working relationships.
- Proficient computer skills including online facilitation and social media.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Basic knowledge of current social, energy, and/or environmental issues affecting Colorado preferred.
Why We Love SUN
- Salary range of $40,000 – $50,000 per year, commensurate with experience
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Generous paid leave policy
- 401(k) retirement account
- Professional development stipend
- Fun, remote work environment
- Flexible work hours
- Our vision and mission
How to Apply
If this sounds like a good fit, please submit a resume, cover letter, and how you heard about this position to Bryce Carter at [email protected].
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. SUN is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Solar United Neighbors welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, and those with a non-traditional education.