We’re looking for someone to help us amplify our vision of a new energy system with rooftop solar power as the cornerstone.
The Communications Fellow will assist with all aspects of the organization’s communications activities and report to the Communications Director. You will have a diverse set of responsibilities as part of a growing team. Your primary focus will be developing and promoting content for the organization’s solar advocacy and educational programs.
Specific tasks will include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of external communications to recruit new participants into solar co-ops, including email blasts, social media posts, and press releases.
- Supporting the Advocacy team in developing and deploying communications materials for fast-paced solar advocacy campaigns
- Utilizing our digital asset management tool and helping the entire organization take advantage of our great digital resources.
- Writing and editing website content, including blog posts.
- Issuing press releases, pitching stories, and following up with journalists about our work.
- Working with contractors for design work and other projects as needed.
- Participating in the development of marketing materials for new solar campaigns as opportunities arise.
Strong candidates will:
- Have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Have experience implementing communications or marketing campaigns.
- Have proficiency with WordPress or similar content management systems.
- Be comfortable juggling multiple initiatives and working on tight deadlines.
- Be a strong storyteller.
- Have at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic, growing environment.
About the Organization
Solar United Neighbors is a nonprofit that organizes local communities across the United States to go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights. We’re growing fast — expanding into new states, building new partnerships, and offering new services. We have 30+ staff members working across the country (and growing each year).
SUN is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Solar United Neighbors welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, including people of color.
About the Position
You’ll report to the Director of Communications, and work with a committed and creative team of renewable energy leaders, policy wonks, digital marketers, and community organizers on projects with ambitious goals and national impact.
This is a one-year position, with the option to extend as funding allows.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range is $40,000 to $50,000, with a bunch of benefits, including health insurance, 403(b) retirement account, professional development, flexible work hours, and remote work options.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States. If you’re in the D.C. area, our office is in a bright, sunlit building directly above the Dupont Circle metro station. If you live somewhere else, we have Slack and video conferencing to keep us connected.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to Ben Delman at: [email protected]
Please include the title “Communications Fellow” in the subject line.