The IT Manager at Solar United Neighbors is the primary contact for a staff of 40+ for IT needs and organizational requirements. The IT Manager is charged with building and maintaining a robust Salesforce database of our supporters and managing IT initiatives across the organization. A successful IT Manager will think critically about our IT infrastructure and how to best position ourselves for continual growth. They will provide recommendations to the VP of Growth and Senior Management Team about improvements or investments the organization should make to improve our systems.
Solar United Neighbors is a nonprofit that organizes local communities across the United States to go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights. We’re growing fast — expanding into new states, building new partnerships, and offering new services. We need resilient and reliable IT systems to help our members and supporters organize and advocate for solar power. And, we need a Manager who is continually looking for opportunities for us to magnify our impact.
- Serve as primary point of contact for IT concerns within the organization. Quickly assess the issues and direct the person to the correct resource, provide training, escalate to the VP of Growth, or initiate support from our Managed Service Provider.
- Understand our IT needs and identify gaps. Research and recommend the best approaches to fill identified gaps and needs and proactively address issues before they become problems.
- Provide excellent and empathetic training and technical support to our staff of more than 40, using a combination of Windows and Mac computers. Facilitate positive, seamless staff interface with technology platforms whenever possible including Salesforce, Slack, Asana, Dropbox, Certify, Canto, and others.
- Oversee and manage ongoing IT systems improvements – coordinating contractors, consultants, and internal stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery. Translate high-level work plans and converts to detailed assignments for project members.
- Collaborate across the organization with the VP of Growth in developing new products, websites, and software that accelerate our work and increase our impact.
- Additional job responsibilities as requested.
Maintain our Salesforce database
- Maintain, develop, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of SUN’s Salesforce database.
- Ensure effective and consistent data capture and tracking across the organization. Maintain up-to-date documentation of the system and provide training for new staff on how to access and manipulate information relevant to their work.
- Work with SUN’s Managed Service Provider to ensure day-to-day security of the data systems and data networks, including system access administration. Perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Ensures that staff understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
- Work with SUN staff to understand their database needs and to identify improvements and additions to Salesforce and Pardot that will increase SUN’s capabilities. Manage ongoing deployment of systems improvements.
- Automate and streamline the processes that our in-house “Go Solar,” team uses to launch and support solar co-ops and other solar events around the country.
- Translates new business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
Give us a window into our data
- Identify data reporting needs in support of operational and decision-making needs of all organizational units (for example, about co-op membership or advocacy activity)
- Consistently deliver on each organizational unit’s identified reporting needs
- Provide proactive, ongoing analysis of data trends to share with program staff.
- Develop and maintain database and GIS systems and be able to provide insight for our “Go Solar,” Advocacy, and Solar Co-op teams on our membership demographics and geographic distribution.
- Analyze and identify trends in our data that can help us be more effective solar educators and advocates.
- Work with the senior management team by providing reports and analysis as requested.
About the position
You will report to the VP of Growth and work closely with the Digital Director and other colleagues across the organization.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States. If you’re in the D.C. area, our office is in a bright, sunlit building directly above the Dupont Circle metro station. If you live somewhere else, we have Slack and video conferencing to keep us connected.
The salary range is $60,000-$100,000 depending on experience, with benefits, including health insurance, 401(k) retirement account, professional development, flexible work hours, and remote work options.
How to apply
SUN is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Solar United Neighbors welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, and those with a non-traditional education.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to https://www.solarunitedneighbors.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/nancy-HOA-1.jpg at: [email protected].
Please include the title “IT Manager” in the subject line.
Anywhere in the U.S. or 1350 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Suite 412, Washington, DC 20036.