Maryland Solar Congress
2018 Maryland Solar Congress
Sunday September 23
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University Center – 3rd Floor
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
You’re invited to join Solar United Neighbors of Maryland and solar supporters from across the state to our 3rd annual Maryland Solar Congress!
The Maryland Solar Congress is a free public conference that brings together our diverse solar community to learn, discuss the current state of solar energy, and talk about Maryland’s solar future.
10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Doors open, registration (coffee & breakfast provided)
10:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. Opening Remarks
Overview of the state of solar in Maryland
11:10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Presentations – Session 1
- Solar 101 Information Session
- Andrea Hylant, Solar United Neighbors
- Community Solar – Where we are now and prospects for the future – Panel discussion
- Moderator: Lynn Heller, Climate Access Fund
- Delegate Luke Clippinger
- Mike Miller, Ogos Energy
- Joyce Breiner, Poolesville Green & Solar United Neighbors of Maryland Advisory Board Member
12:10 p.m. – 1 p.m. Presentations – Session 2
- Solar United Neighbors of Maryland Solar Action Team
- Glen Brand, Solar United Neighbors
- Solar + Battery storage in the residential setting
- Lauren Barchi, Solar United Neighbors of Maryland
1 p.m. – 2 p.m. Lunch, informal networking (lunch provided)
2 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Maryland’s Renewable Portfolio Standard and the 50% Clean Energy Jobs bill
Panel discussion featuring:
- David Murray, MDVSEIA
- Brooke Harper, CCAN
3 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Participatory Open Forum Discussion
Open discussion about solar priorities and opportunities in Maryland
- Facilitated by Anya Schoolman, Solar United Neighbors
This event is FREE and open to the public—everyone is welcome to attend! Whether you are a solar homeowner, completely new to solar, or somewhere in between—this event is for you!
Please feel encouraged to share this event with friends, neighbors, colleagues, or community organizations who may be interested!
Interested in volunteering to help with event set up, photography, videography, or registering attendees at solar congress? Email Carra Cheslin at: email@example.com.