Minnesotans have a right to produce solar energy on their own home
Going solar gives families energy independence and financial security. But too many Minnesotans face roadblocks to going solar from their homeowner associations (HOAs).
We can do better.
Other states protect homeowners’ rights. They have laws that limit unfair HOA rules that block solar installations. This includes our neighbor, Wisconsin.
Minnesota needs a strong solar access law. This will give Minnesotans the choice to install solar energy systems on their property.
Distributed solar energy, in the form of rooftop solar installations:
- Provides energy independence;
- Helps homeowners save on their monthly electric bill;
- Increases home resale value. A solar system can add $15,000 or more to home resale value;
- Creates good-paying local jobs in the fastest-growing sector of the energy economy; and
- Contributes to the renewable energy that we need to address the climate crisis.
If you support more solar in Minnesota, add your name to the petition.