About the Position
Community Power Network (including DC SUN, MD SUN, WV SUN, VA SUN, and OH SUN) is seeking a WV SUN Co-op Coordinator to support our solar co-op work in West Virginia. The Coordinator will support the WV SUN Program Director in implement solar co-op programs in West Virginia, as well as conduct extensive communications, outreach, press, and trainings around the solar co-op model, with the goal of scaling up their impact and reach.
The Coordinator will also build out the online web infrastructure for the WV SUN website, to provide in-depth information on solar basics, as well as serve as an invaluable resource and forum for policy discussions and citizen engagement.
The position will begin as a full-time role, with responsibility for ensuring the WV SUN program meets its program goals. CPN staff will provide strategic oversight and support, including supporting the use of our organization-wide Salesforce contact management database and shared materials. The Coordinator will function as part of the CPN team to deploy the solar co-ops.
Qualified applicants will have at least three years work experience, a strong understanding of effective organizing techniques, an ability to develop relationships with community members and organizations, and a strong motivation to help grow this program. The Coordinator will be responsible for significant travel across the state to host information meetings and meet with co-op members, including a number of evening meetings.
Job Description and Duties
Launch and grow new solar co-ops (90%)
- Identify new co-op opportunities and implement new solar co-ops.
- Develop or work with community anchor partners to build new co-op groups. Develop strong constructive working relationship that will last the length of the co-op and evolve toward larger state level efforts.
- Develop outreach strategy for each co-op.
i. Identify communication opportunities.
ii. Develop modes of dissemination.
iii. Establish partnerships.
iv. Pursue media opportunities.
v. Plan web, print, online, phone and in person meetings.
- Recruit, nurture and empower additional volunteers to help implement outreach strategies for co-op.
- Plan and host meetings and info calls.
- Develop and refine ongoing marketing plans and engagement strategy to build excitement and keep people involved.
- Conduct co-op info sessions and hold public meetings.
- Maintain back office infrastructure and communications with participants.
- Track sign ups and screen participant roofs.
- Respond to inquiries, questions, and concerns of participants.
- Provide weekly updates to participants on status of their group, action items, and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Identify and respond to issues when program not going well (adaptive management).
- Develop and deploy daily online communications strategy on social media, to keep participants engaged with process.
- Develop and deploy information sheets for participants based on Florida-specific solar info, such as SRECs 101, FAQs, About Inverters, etc.
- Work with the Communications Manager to implement streamlined communications plan that can be replicated and shared for future groups.
- Engage installers and track progress for each co-op.
- Collect installer selection criteria preferences from participants.
- Maintain RFP notification list.
- Develop and issue RFPs.
- Evaluate RFPs, develop cover sheet for selection committee meetings, and provide materials to participants.
- Chair selection committee meetings and facilitate discussion.
- Facilitate weekly calls with installers, troubleshoot issues check in on progress, and identify information to communicate to participants in weekly emails.
- Evaluate progress and derive metrics and lessons learned for each group.
- Improve process and design of bulk purchase programs.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve communications with participants to help them better understand solar technology and the bulk purchase process.
- Continually improve materials for group, including content and design/look.
- Continually improve efficiency of group and process, with the goal of increasing close rates and having a greater impact.
- Build a database of media/blog/listserv contacts that can be used to recruit participants or used for policy outreach.
- Highlight the successes of solar co-ops through outreach and earned media.
- Plan and implement celebration parties after events and invite elected officials, disseminate pictures, and promote press coverage to build visibility of CPN and state networks.
Administration and Fundraising (10%)
- Support the further growth of the program via fundraising efforts.
- Develop and maintain content on WV SUN website.
- Track hours, invoicing, expense accounts, and WV SUN program budget.
- Help fundraise, write grants, and pro-actively identify new opportunities for funding for the program, and work to expand and diversify the funding.
- Compile and evaluate monthly metrics on the program goals.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers and interns.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to https://www.solarunitedneighbors.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/nancy-HOA-1.jpg at email@example.com.