Community Power Network (including DC SUN, MD SUN, WV SUN, VA SUN, OH SUN, and FL SUN) is seeking a Solar Co-op Coordinator to help us deploy solar co-ops in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, and Florida.
About Community Power Network
At CPN we are dedicated to the vision that if a large and diverse number of people have a financial stake in the clean energy economy, they will fight for it. By building, demonstrating, promoting, and advocating for ways for people to financially benefit from clean energy, we build a broad new constituency for change.
In addition to our national work, CPN implements state programs in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, and Florida. A core component of our state programs is to facilitate neighborhood bulk purchases of solar PV systems. Known as “solar co-ops,” the basic approach is to gather homeowners, farmers, or businesses together and help them go solar as a group. By forming a group through our co-op process, participants are able to receive the most competitive bid while having the one-on-one support from neutral solar experts. We also support co-op members through the decision-making process, creating a group dynamic that helps more people go solar.
About the Position
The Coordinator will join a team of Co-op Coordinators in supporting state Program Directors in their day-to-day implementation of solar co-ops. This includes tracking participants in Salesforce, answering co-op member inquiries, maintaining content on program websites, and drafting materials for use by state Program Directors.
Qualified applicants will have at least two years of work experience, very good attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple projects at a time, and a strong desire to learn the solar industry from the inside out (solar technology, installer practices, solar financing, solar policy, etc.). Experience in the solar industry, familiarity with WordPress, and working in Salesforce or other CRMs is a plus.
Position is located out of CPN’s headquarters in downtown Washington, D.C.
Job description – Solar Co-op Coordinator
Support state Program Directors in the daily implementation of solar co-ops
- Conduct satellite roof assessments of potential co-op members
- Create and update individual co-op webpages (through WordPress)
- Draft documents and materials for use by state Program Directors, including requests for proposals (RFPs), update emails, and other materials as needed.
- Provide solar technical assistance by responding to inquiries, questions, and concerns of co-op participants
- Manage and maintain co-op member records in Salesforce
Support Solar Co-op Coordinator team
- Conceptualizing and designing improvements to the bulk purchase process
- Implementing improvements to bulk purchase program
- Working with the broader CPN organization (Communications team, Development team, Executive team) to optimize the promotion and growth of solar co-ops
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to Emily Stiever at firstname.lastname@example.org.