Imagine walking into a solar company’s office with 50 or 100 of your neighbors and saying, “We all want to get solar. What kind of deal can you give us?”
That’s a solar co-op!
In fact, it’s even better than that. In addition to competitive pricing on solar panels, you get:
- Info to help you understand solar. Our vendor-neutral solar experts are here to help you understand how solar works and make the best decision for your energy needs.
- A direct line to ask specific questions. You can call or email us anytime you need help. We’ll be here now and long after you install solar.
- A team that solicits and reviews proposals from solar companies. First, Solar United Neighbors requests bids on your behalf. Then, a committee of your fellow co-op members meet to assess the pros and cons and select the best installer for the group. (Note: If that sounds interesting to you, you’re also welcome to join the selection committee!)
- Community. You’ll join the growing solar movement. You’ll have a built-in network of support and inspiration from others who, like you, are taking a stand for energy freedom and advancing the clean energy economy.
- A bigger impact! Going solar creates jobs, and puts energy production and its benefits back in the hands of the people and contributes to cleaner air and water for everyone. A solar co-op amplifies those outcomes exponentially.
The Ohio Valley Solar and EV Charger Co-op is a tri-state co-op between Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Watch the video below to learn more about our solar co-op process and its benefits or view our FAQs.
Consulta nuestro FAQ para más información sobre la tecnología solar y el proceso de comprar e instalar su sistema solar.
How does a co-op work?
Can’t make our info session?
Watch a recorded session for general information on solar, how co-ops work, and what to expect if you join.
How much does solar cost? How much can you save?
Can I finance my solar?
Not sure if you can avoid the upfront cost of solar? Check out our financing page to learn about the loans that may be available to you, including some that are exclusive to solar co-op members.