Digital Media Manager
Solar United Neighbors is changing the world by creating an energy system that’s inclusive and equitable — with rooftop solar power as the cornerstone. We organize local communities across the United States to go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights. We’re growing fast — expanding into new states, building new partnerships, and offering new services.
We’re searching for a Digital Media Manager who believes in our mission, who wants to help us grow, and who wants to grow with us.
What’s the job?
The Manager will lead and expand our digital communications by developing and deploying compelling social media and website content. They will help to create a digital communications strategy, and will take the lead on implementing it, including updating content across digital platforms, analyzing performance, and making adjustments according to learnings. They will ensure our content is fully integrated and aligned across platforms.
As a result of the Manager’s work, SUN’s digital reach and engagement will increase. Our army of solar advocates will grow bigger and stronger to take on even the most serious threats to solar rights.
The Digital Media Manager will work closely with the communications, policy, and engagement teams and report to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications.
Some of the specific job tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and deploy SUN’s social media, website, and other digital content
- Ensure our website and social media are user-friendly, easy to understand, and effective in driving the organization’s positioning and growth goals
- Continuously propose and implement recommendations to improve the performance of our digital touchpoints — this includes ad spend, user experience, ad creative/copy, keyword targets, landing pages, webpages, etc.
- Help to develop, and lead the implementation of, the organization’s digital communications strategy
- Utilize social media and SUN’s website to drive organic traffic and list growth
- Set benchmarks and provide performance data to inform organization-wide decision-making and ensure growth and engagement targets are met
- Coach staff on social media best practices and facilitate digital activities such as Facebook Lives and Ask Me Anythings
- Manage freelance and/or volunteer designers and videographers as needed
- Additional job responsibilities as requested
This is a full-time position. Most of our staff work across the country, so we welcome both D.C.-based and remote candidates. If you’re in the D.C. area, our offices are located in a bright, sunlit building directly above the Dupont Circle metro station. If you live somewhere else, we have Slack and video conferencing to keep us connected. Note: Due to COVID, we are currently 100% remote.
We welcome candidates of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQi, differently abled, and those with a non-traditional education.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Skills and Experience
An outstanding candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Ability to produce creative and engaging online materials
- A robust instinct for gripping storytelling and captivating digital engagement
- Media trends, analytics, and scheduling tools
- Digital advertising and measurement tools such as Facebook Ads Manager and Pixels, and Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Web content management (WordPress) and light web design (HTML/CSS)
- Design tools including Canva and Adobe Creative Suite
- Organizational and project management skills using tools such as Slack and Asana
- Experience in a matrixed organization with remote staff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior project management, with the ability and desire to shepherd projects from concept to completion
Salary range for this position is $50,000 – $65,000/year or commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health insurance, 403(b) retirement account, professional development, generous leave, and flexible work hours.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Lisa Rimmert at [email protected]. In your cover letter, describe the skills and experience that demonstrate you would excel at the job responsibilities outlined above. Please include the title “Digital Media Manager” in the subject line of your email.
1350 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Suite 412, Washington, DC 20036