At Solar United Neighbors (SUN), we’re committed to supporting solar homeowners and their rights. Not only is it the right thing to do, it’s critical to the continued growth and adoption of solar energy—something we’re all for!
With more than 2 million new solar installations since 2010, the solar industry is rapidly growing to meet demand. We at SUN are here for solar consumers every step of the way.
Whether you’re curious about solar, or you’ve got a system on your roof, you have solar rights—and we’re here to help you fight for them!
Below, you’ll find some of the best resources to help you buy, own, and advocate for solar.
- How to spot solar scams
- How to read your proposal and How to read your contract
- Having problems with your installer? – Having a contract problem or serious complaint with your installer? Check out these steps you can take to get it resolved.
- HOA Solar Action Guide – Thinking about solar for your property that’s part of a Homeowners Association? Learn your rights and get prepared.
- Problems getting your system connected to the utility? – Learn more about the process of interconnection and how to file a complaint with the state agency that oversees them.
- SEIA’s Consumer Protection resources, the SEIA’s Solar Business Code, and their Consumer Protection Primer – Learn what the Solar Energy Industry Association (SEIA) has to say about consumer protection and good solar company practices.
- Solar owner resources – Already a solar owner and looking for resources and assistance?
Have questions? We’re here for you!
Ask away! We’re all ears. Our team of experts is here to help. You can:
- Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch, or
- Schedule a free 15-minute call with one of our experts