- This event has passed.
Going Solar in Denver: Personal Experiences and Opportunities
October 5, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm MDT
With our bright sunshine, Denver has excellent solar resources! Going solar is more affordable than ever, a great way to save money on your energy bills, reduces air pollution, and helps Denver reach its climate goals.
Join us on Tuesday, October 5 at 6:00 PM for an online panel discussion featuring homeowners and non-profit and government representatives who will discuss what going solar means to them. The discussion will center on personal experiences of going solar, the benefits of going solar, and the unique opportunities available through the Denver Solar Co-op.
The Denver Solar Co-op is a joint initiative of the City and County of Denver and Solar United Neighbors (SUN). Solar co-ops take advantage of the group’s bulk-purchasing power to get discounted pricing and a quality installation. It is free to join. There is no obligation to install. And income-qualifying residents can receive a $3,000 solar rebate and a $2,000 battery rebate towards the cost of their project!
Our guests will include:
- Councilman Jolon Clark, Denver City Council Member, Keynote Speaker
- Grace Rink, The Office of Climate Action, Sustainability, and Resilience, Welcome and Keynote Introduction
- Stacey Decker, Denver Solar Co-op Steering Committee Member, and 2019 Denver Solar Co-op Member
- Jonathan (“Jonny”) Rogers, Denver’s Office of Climate Action, Sustainability, and Resiliency (CASR) and 2020 Denver Solar Co-op Member
- Mike Mazzola, Energy Resource Director
- Chelsea Gaines, Outreach Coordinator, GRID Alternatives Colorado
The panel will be moderated by Bryce Carter, Colorado Program Director for SUN, and will be followed by an audience-led Q&A.
Please register for this free event below, or to receive additional information if you are unable to attend.
We look forward to seeing you on October 5!
If you need a Spanish interpretation, a sign language interpreter or CART Services please contact Alyssa at Alyssa.Russell@denvergov.org (Requests must be received at least three business days ahead of the meeting.)