- This event has passed.
Sacramento Solar Lobby Day
June 6 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm PDT
Utility lobbyists are at the State Capitol in Sacramento every day, spreading misinformation about rooftop solar to your lawmakers. Your elected officials need to hear directly from you, so we hope you’ll join our partner, Solar Rights Alliance, for Solar Lobby Day in Sacramento on June 6th.
SRA has spent the past two years fighting off the most aggressive attack on solar we’ve ever seen from the utilities. They’ve blocked the Solar Tax and protected existing solar users’ investments, but the utilities never stop trying to undermine rooftop solar. Your lawmakers need to hear directly from you, their voters, about why they should stick up for the public and keep rooftop solar growing.
Here are the details:
- All you need to do is register now, and arrive in Sacramento on June 6th at 8:00 a.m. on the North Lawn of the State Capitol. We’ll provide instructions, a t-shirt, informational materials, and a boxed lunch.
- If you need a ride, or if you can give a ride, we are putting together a carpool. Instructions for requesting or offering a ride will be sent after registration.
- We’ll also provide train info, parking details, and an EV charging map for anyone who registers for the event.
- We will handle the scheduling of meetings with your representatives or their staff. You will likely do these meetings together with other local solar users, solar supporters, and/or solar workers.
- A week or two before the event, we will hold an online Zoom training to help you prepare and answer any questions you have.
Sign up to come to Sacramento and meet face-to-face with your representatives to tell them why they need to keep rooftop solar growing.
Please give a holler to info@SolarRights.org if you’re interested in a leadership role (like running a table or leading a group).