Manager of IT and Information Systems
Solar United Neighbors is changing the world by creating an energy system that’s inclusive and equitable — with rooftop solar power as the cornerstone. We organize local communities across the United States to go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights. We’re growing fast — expanding into new states, building new partnerships, and offering new services.
We’re searching for a Manager of IT and Information Systems who believes in our mission, who wants to help us grow, and who wants to grow with us.
What’s the job?
The Manager will develop tools, systems, and infrastructure that allows us to better and more effectively engage our network, advocate for solar policies, and help people go solar. They will not only train staff on our IT systems, but ensure they have the information and technical resources to run outstanding programs. They will provide data analysis that gives us critical insights into our work and how we can improve. From websites, to CRMs, to dashboards and data analysis that will help us make strategic decisions, the Manager will be critical in our organization’s growth. With their thought leadership we will be able to not only achieve our near-term goals but be well-positioned to continue to grow.
Some of the specific job tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain technology systems that allow us to more effectively achieve our mission – including email platforms, Salesforce database, advocacy tools, internal communications tools (Slack), Asana, and other applications.
- Maintain our Linux server infrastructure so that our digital team can deploy websites and web applications with confidence.
- Provide excellent and empathetic training and technical support to our remote-first national staff, using a combination of Windows and Mac computers. Facilitate positive, seamless staff interface with technology platforms whenever possible.
- Ensure top-of-the-line member data integrity and privacy, and ensure SUN is following industry best practices for data privacy and institutional security.
- Ensure we have a way to capture, track and measure our entire network.
- Ensure those metrics are easily available to staff and can be used to make strategic program decisions.
- Drive rapid improvements and streamlining of our IT processes as they support all aspects of the organization
- Conduct regular reviews of our data and implement processes to ensure clean, readable information that provides useful intelligence for the rest of the organization.
- Analyze and identify trends in our data that can help us be more effective solar educators and advocates.
- Work with the senior management team by providing reports and analysis that help the team understand our data.
- Additional job responsibilities as requested
This position reports to the VP of Growth.
This is a full-time position. Most of our staff work across the country, so we welcome both D.C.-based and remote candidates. If you’re in the D.C. area, our offices are located in a bright, sunlit building directly above the Dupont Circle metro station. If you live somewhere else, we have Slack and video conferencing to keep us connected. Note: Due to COVID, we are currently 100% remote.
We welcome candidates of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQi, differently abled, and those with a non-traditional education. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Skills and experience
An outstanding candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Web design, HTML/CSS
- Linux systems administration
- Data manipulation and analysis
Salary range for this position is $60,000 – $80,000/year commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health insurance, 403(b) retirement account, professional development, generous leave, and flexible work hours.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Emily Stiever at [email protected]. In your cover letter, describe the skills and experience that demonstrate you would excel at the job responsibilities outlined above. Please include the title “Manager of IT” in the subject line of your email.
1350 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Suite 412, Washington, DC 20036