Solar United Neighbors seeks Southwest Florida Co-op Coordinator
Solar United Neighbors is seeking a Florida Co-op Coordinator to support our solar co-op work in Southwest Florida. The Co-op Coordinator will support the FL SUN Program Director in designing and implementing solar co-op programs across the Southwest Florida region, including (but not limited to) Pinellas, Hillsborough, Orange, and Manatee Counties. The Co-op Coordinator will conduct extensive communications, outreach, press, and trainings around the solar co-ops with the goal of scaling up their impact and reach.
The Co-op Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the FL SUN program meets its program goals in Southwest Florida, helping as many people as possible go solar through our co-op programs. The Coordinator can be based anywhere in Southwest Florida but preference give to St. Petersburg and will be required to travel throughout the area to assist with regional co-ops. Travel duties will include hosting public solar information sessions, meeting with co-op members, and building relationships with local partners.
The Coordinator will report to the FL SUN Program Director and will function as part of the larger CPN team. CPN staff will provide strategic oversight, support, and infrastructure to implement the solar co-ops (including the use of our organization-wide Salesforce contact management database and shared informational materials).
The position is full-time for one year, with the possibility of extending if funding continues to be available.
Qualified applicants will have at least three years work experience, a strong understanding of effective organizing techniques, an ability to develop relationships with community members and organizations, and a strong motivation to help grow this program. Must be comfortable learning Salesforce database, editing websites, and communicating with participants via email and phone. Prior solar experience is a plus, however not required for the position. CPN will provide initial solar training if the Coordinator does not have a background in solar.
Job Description and Duties
Launch and grow new solar co-ops (90%)
- Develop and implement new solar co-ops in Southwest Florida
- Collaborate with community anchor partners to build co-ops in strategic local communities.
- Develop strong working relationships with partners and co-op members that will last the length of the co-op and evolve toward larger state-level efforts.
- Design communications and outreach strategy for each co-op.
- Recruit, nurture and empower additional volunteers to help grow the co-ops.
- Plan and deliver public solar information sessions.
- Maintain back office infrastructure and communications with co-op members.
- Track co-op member sign-ups.
- Screen member roofs (preliminary solar assessment).
- Respond to inquiries, questions, and concerns of co-op members.
- Provide weekly updates to co-op members on the status of their group, action items, and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Identify and respond to co-op challenges when they arise (adaptive management).
- Develop and deploy daily online communications strategy on social media, to keep participants engaged with process.
- Work with the Communications Manager to implement streamlined communications plan that can be replicated for future co-ops.
- Collaborate with and engage official co-op installers.
- Direct area installers to the solar co-op Request for Proposal (RFP) notification list.
- Develop and issue RFPs for each co-op.
- Evaluate RFPs, review bid responses, and collate bids for to co-op members to review during the installer selection process.
- Facilitate the installer selection meeting for each co-op.
- Conduct weekly check-in calls with each co-op installer to track the progress of the co-op, troubleshoot any issues, and identify information to communicate to co-op members in weekly email updates.
- Improve solar co-op process and design.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve communications with participants to help them better understand solar technology and the co-op process.
- Continually improve materials for group, including content and design.
- Identify ways to improve solar co-op efficiency with the goal of increasing close rates (i.e., the conversion of solar co-op sign-ups to solar owners).
- Build a database of media/blog/listserv contacts that can be used to recruit co-op members or for policy outreach purposes.
- Highlight the successes of your solar co-ops through outreach and earned media.
- Plan and implement co-op celebration parties
- Invite elected officials, disseminate pictures, and promote press coverage around the celebration parties to build the visibility of FL SUN.
Administration and Fundraising (10%)
- Support the further growth of the program via fundraising efforts.
- Track hours, invoicing, expense accounts, and FL SUN program budget.
- Assist the CPN Development Director with fundraising and grant writing for Southwest Florida programming.
- Compile and evaluate monthly metrics on the program goals.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to https://www.solarunitedneighbors.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/nancy-HOA-1.jpg at email@example.com.