MD SUN launches advisory board
By Ben Delman on July 29, 2016
MD SUN and the co-ops we’ve helped launch throughout the state are connected by a shared vision. We all have a stake in a future where every community participates in the financial benefits of our energy grid’s ongoing diversification from big central plants and passive consumers, to a wider mix of distributed production and renewable energy.
To help guide the work of MD SUN in pursuit of that shared vision, we’ve formed the MD SUN Advisory Board. The board will provide strategic guidance and a valuable voice influencing the direction of MD SUN. Over time, MD SUN expects to expand the board to include other community and co-op voices from across the state.
The board’s founding members are:
- Jacob Howley (MD SUN member at-large)
- Nancy Franklin (Bowie Solar Co-op)
- Alex Podlesny (Rockville Solar Co-op)
- Jonathan Smith (Rockville Solar Co-op)
- Sean Williamson (Environmental Finance Center, University of Maryland)