New Solar Schools Resource Guide
Exciting news! We are proud to release our new Solar for Schools Resource Guide, a report to help citizens and school administrators begin the process of taking their school or district solar. This report was also recently highlighted in a national Solar Citizen email (make sure to get on the Solar Citizen email list for future updates, too).
About the Guide
The guide is designed to give readers a basic introduction to solar energy and help them understand the steps that are involved in taking a school solar. It includes:
- Introduction to solar energy basics
- Overview of the process of going solar
- Checklist for determining if solar is a good fit for your building
- Information on finding an installer and soliciting bids for a system
- Breakdowns of different financing models and how to select a model for your school
- Overview of challenges schools may face as they consider going solar
- Resources on solar curriculum, activities, and events
Join the Working Group
Please also join the upcoming working group of people interested in taking their schools solar. The group will meet three times over the next six weeks to learn about solar and identify the best approach for each school. We will also connect participants with experts in their area, and support each other through the process. Click here to sign up.