Arizona Policy and Advocacy Internship
About the organization: Solar United Neighbors is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to creating a clean, equitable, resilient energy system that benefits everyone. We are building a clean energy movement by helping people go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights.
Across the country we run twelve state programs in AZ, DC, CO, TX, MD, VA, WV, NJ, MN, OH, FL, and PA. Each state program promotes solar throughout its jurisdiction. The programs share three goals:
- Develop and scale solar energy projects within communities;
- Pass solar policies that expand and defend the local solar market; and
- Build a community of solar advocates across traditional political fault lines.
Our organization is scaling rapidly and we work in a fast-paced multi-faceted environment, ideal for an intern who is looking to dive in and experience the workings of a dynamic and growing non-profit organization.
About the position: Solar United Neighbors seeks a Solar Policy and Advocacy Intern to provide support to the Arizona program. Projects will primarily focus on:
- Track and engage supporters on solar policy efforts at the local, state, and federal level.
- Assist in meetings with volunteers, community groups, and decision makers about solar policy.
- Engage with community members and organizations about ongoing solar co-ops
- Participate in efforts to bring solar to low- and moderate-income households and non-profit organizations.
- Additional tasks may include online and administrative support.
- Spanish speaking is a plus but not required.
- Tucson-based a plus but not required.
The intern must have an interest in solar energy in an advocacy context; strong research and writing skills; be able to multi-task and be organized and detail-oriented; be comfortable self-managing their efforts working on short and long-term projects and have an upbeat attitude with a willingness to work on various high priority projects. The intern should have their own laptop computer to work from during the internship.
College-level interns may obtain college credit for this internship. Work hours can be flexible to meet the intern’s schedule. Funds may be available for this internship. Please apply at