Go Solar Program Internship
Solar United Neighbors is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to creating a clean, equitable, resilient energy system that benefits everyone. We are building a clean energy movement by helping people go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights.
We’re a national organization with twelve state programs in DC, MD, VA, WV, MN, OH, FL, TX, CO, IN, AZ and PA. Each state program promotes solar throughout its jurisdiction. The programs share three goals:
- Develop and scale solar energy projects within communities,
- Pass solar policies that expand the local solar market, and
- Build a community of clean energy advocates across political fault lines.
At Solar United Neighbors, we believe that all of us have a stake in a future where every community participates in the financial benefits of our energy grid’s ongoing diversification from big central plants and passive consumers to a wider mix of distributed production & renewable energy.
Our organization is scaling rapidly, and our office is a fast-paced multi-faceted environment, ideal for an intern who is looking to dive in and experience the workings of a dynamic and growing non-profit organization.
About Solar United Neighbors
The Program Intern will join a team of Program Coordinators and Specialists in supporting state program field staff in their day-to-day implementation of solar co-ops. This includes tracking co-op members in Salesforce, answering co-op member inquiries, maintaining content on program websites, and drafting materials for use by field and communications staff.
The Program Intern will also help review and prepare solar installer bids for our co-ops and will gain familiarity with the finances and equipment of a solar installation.
The intern must have strong research and data analysis skills, be comfortable working with Microsoft office and Google docs, be able to multi-task, and be organized and detail oriented in their work. The intern should also be comfortable self-managing their efforts working on short and long-time projects and have an upbeat attitude with a willingness to work on various high priority projects as they arise. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a huge plus. The intern should have their own computer to work on throughout the internship.
This is a 6-10 hour (flexible) per week internship intended for the Spring, Summer or Fall term. The start and end date are flexible. Stipends are available. Work hours can be flexible to meet the intern’s schedule. At this time, all Solar United Neighbors internships are remote. This internship is open to people of all educational backgrounds and active enrollment in an educational institution is not required to apply.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Go Solar Programs Intern
Support field staff in the day-to-day implementation of solar co-ops.
- Conduct satellite roof assessments of potential co-op members
- Create and update individual co-op webpages (through WordPress)
- Draft documents and materials for use by state Program Directors and communications staff, including requests for proposals (RFPs), update emails, informational documents, and blog posts.
- Provide solar technical assistance by responding to inquiries, questions, and concerns of co-op participants
- Manage and maintain co-op member records in Salesforce
- Working with the broader organization (Growth team, Development team, Executive team) to optimize the promotion and growth of solar co-ops
Support Solar Co-op Coordinator team
- Identify improvements to solar co-op processes and materials
- Work with broader organizational staff to implement these improvements
- Support special initiatives, content development, training, and educational work
Solar Help Desk
- Provide technical assistance to Solar Help Desk users
How to Apply
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a statement of interest to: https://www.solarunitedneighbors.org/internship-application/ and include Go Solar Program Intern in the subject line