About the organization: Solar United Neighbors is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to creating a clean, equitable, resilient energy system that benefits everyone. We are building a clean energy movement by helping people go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights.
Across the country we run twelve state programs in AZ, DC, CO, TX, MD, VA, WV, NJ, MN, OH, FL, and PA. Each state program promotes solar throughout its jurisdiction. The programs share three goals:
- Develop and scale solar energy projects within communities;
- Pass solar policies that expand and defend the local solar market; and
- Build a community of solar advocates across traditional political fault lines.
Our organization is scaling rapidly and we work in a fast-paced multi-faceted environment, ideal for an intern who is looking to dive in and experience the workings of a dynamic and growing non-profit organization.
About the position: Solar United Neighbors seeks a Solar Policy and Advocacy Intern to provide support to our state and national programs. Projects will primarily focus on:
- Assisting with policy research.
- Support and assist in coordination of advocacy outreach initiatives on a state and national scale.
- Engaging stakeholders and solar supporters state and national campaigns.
- Assist in meetings with volunteers, community groups, and decision makers about solar policy.
- Additional tasks may include online and administrative support.
The intern must have an interest in solar energy in an advocacy context; strong research and writing skills; be able to multitask and be organized and detail-oriented; be comfortable self-managing their efforts working on short and long-term projects and have an upbeat attitude with a willingness to work on various high priority projects. The intern should have their own laptop computer to work from during the internship.
This is a 20 hour per week internship intended for Fall 2021 (August/September-December) with the possibility to continue through the first half of 2022. College-level interns may obtain college credit for this internship. Work hours can be flexible to meet the intern’s schedule. Our office is located in downtown DC but remote candidates are welcome to apply. Funds may be available for this internship. Please apply at https://www.solarunitedneighbors.org/internship-application/