Stand up for your solar rights!
In Mid-April, a petition was submitted to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) that would give the federal government control over state and local solar policies. It would likely result in eliminating Net Energy Metering (NEM) or unfairly reducing the rate compensation homeowners receive.
Millions of solar homeowners and businesses, like yourselves, have made substantial investments to install rooftop solar systems on their properties with the clear understanding that their utility and/or state would provide NEM.
If FERC doesn’t reject this utility petition, solar homeowners will lose the right to NEM and it will unfairly lower the rate of return of your solar investments. Right now, the comment deadline for this petition is June 15th so there’s no time to lose!
Here is what you can do to help:
- Watch our volunteer training where our policy team shared more about this petition, how it may affect you, and how you can take action (from your home!) to ensure our right to solar is protected.
- Sign the citizen petition at savesolar.org. Your comment will be send to your state’s governor as well as the FERC.
- Sign up for the campaign on Outreach Circle to easily spread the word to your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues about the petition.
- Tell your personal story to FERC in a more official way through letters, short video interviews, and more. Email [email protected] for more information.
- Write a Letter to the Editor and submit it to your local newspaper. Check out our Letter to the Editor webinar and PDF training to learn some tips and tricks. If you’d like feedback on your letter, send it to [email protected]