Electric vehicles in Florida
Why EVs and solar?
Electric vehicles (EVs) are quickly becoming a more affordable and lower maintenance option than traditional gasoline or diesel fueled cars for Floridians.
EVs and solar in Florida
EV drivers qualify to drive in the HOV and Express Lanes for free, regardless of the number of passengers in the car. The vehicle must display a Florida Division of Motor Vehicles issued decal, which is renewed annually.
Electric Vehicle Charging Guide
- Drive Electric Florida – Supports EV-friendly policy and programs.
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services information about EVs – General consumer information about electric vehicle technology.
- U.S. Department of Energy on EV incentive programs in Florida.
- Florida Solar Energy Center Video on creating energy independence by Dr. Jim Fenton.
- Florida Power & Light – This local utility offers incentives to promote electric vehicles.